Stuff and Nonsense

Exactly what it says on the tin

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Depression

Girl, 4, 'suffering depression'

Now, I have never suffered from depression myself so I really don't understand how it works
I do have close family members who have or are still suffering from depression so I know how debilitating it can be and it doesn't mean you're sitting around looking glum constantly but I don't know the ins and outs of what you are actually feeling.

I find it very hard though to think that a 4 year old can actually be depressed. When my dad was in the army we had to leave and move onto different schools leaving friends behind, sure it was sad but depression? Not really.

I can't help wondering what that little girls parents have said to her to get her so distraught and upset about not being able to go to a school with her friends from infant school. Usually 4 year olds are pretty resiliant and, with infant schools, the kids live in a pretty close area so they can hang around with each other after school. If she's become depressed after this set back at such a young age I think she's going to have a very very rough life.

My heart goes out to her but I'm not sure depression is what she has, then again, who am I to argue with a doctors decision and the fact that I'm only going by what I've read, heard and seem on the news, I've not met the little girl in person

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home