Stuff and Nonsense

Exactly what it says on the tin

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The Joy of Dentistry


A few years back, in the month that the clocks went back, I attempted to change the time on my wrist watch. I had just cut my nails and couldn't get hold of the little widgetey thing so, in my infinate wisdom, I decided to bite it. This lead to a little chunk of one of my front teeth breaking off "Oh no! All those years of wearing a brace to get straight teeth wasted".

I made an appointment with my dentist who told me it was unfixable and all he could do was file it down so it was even, unfortunately this meant that one top front tooth was shorter than the other top front tooth, I was less than pleased.
Today I had my 6 monthly dentist check up, I'm not scared of the dentist but I'm not the kind of person who will ask questions I just let her look at my teeth, a quick polish and then I'm on my way. Today I had a little questionnaire to fill in, the first question was
Are you happy with your smile?
I circled "No", I then went into the dentists room and handed her the questionnaire and I got myself comfortable in the seat while she read it
"So you're not happy with your smile?" said Mrs Dentist
"It's just that front tooth" said I
20 minutes later my tooth has been fixed! My smile looks pretty! I am very very happy although it does feel quite wierd and will take some getting used to but yay for my dentist!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home